Together with our affiliates and joint-venture partners, we own and operate nearly 2,600 megawatts (MW) of renewable generating capacity* fueled by the sun and wind, that generates power for over 600,000 homes and businesses. Our more than $3 billion investment in clean energy has created over 5,000 jobs, while providing an economic boost to communities and landowners in 11 states.
We believe fostering strong relationships is fundamental to running a business. That’s why we collaborate closely with our customers, our partners, and the communities in which we operate to safely and responsibly deliver clean energy solutions.
Our experienced team uses a combination of rigorous analysis, internal expertise, and external collaboration to architect new and creative solutions to complex energy problems.
We are a subsidiary of Sempra Energy, a Fortune 500 energy services holding company based in San Diego, with 16,000 employees worldwide. The Sempra Energy companies develop energy infrastructure, operate utilities, and provide related products and services to more than 32 million consumers worldwide.
The Sempra Values serve as the foundation for our company. They guide our decision-making and define the way we treat the environment, engage with stakeholders and operate our business.
- Ethical: Do the right thing
- Respectful: People matter
- High Performing: Deliver outstanding results
- Forward Looking: Shape the future
- Responsible Partner: Create positive relationships
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Sempra Renewables has been honored by the industry for its commitment to develop clean energy solutions:
- Power Player of the Year: Clean Energy Project at the National Clean Energy Summit 8.0 (2015)
- Voluntary Protection Programs Star at Mesquite Solar 1: Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (2015)
- Voluntary Protection Programs Star at Copper Mountain Solar 1: Nevada Occupational Safety and Health Administration (2015)
- Industry Leadership – Electricity Generation: Platts (2014)
- Solar Project of the Year: Power Magazine (2014)
- Best Green Practices, Resources: Las Vegas Business Press (2013)
- Solar Developer of the Year: Solar Energy Industries Association (2011)
- Renewable Top Plant Award: Power Magazine (2011)
- Solar Project of the Year: Renewable Energy World (2010)
- Renewable Top Plant Award: Power Magazine (2009)
- Voluntary Protection Program: Exemplary Safety Performance (2009, 2012)
- Pacesetter Plant Award: Combined Cycle Journal (2007)
- Top Power Plant Award: Power Magazine (2004)
*Includes capacity under construction